Chevron Traffic Management Limited is committed to maintaining compliance with Data Protection Laws (such as Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR), and also for managing its information and knowledge in accordance with current legislation, best practice and ISO27001:2013 Information Security Management.
Your Rights and your Personal Data
Unless subject to an exemption you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which CTM holds about you;
- The right to request that CTM corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for CTM to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time if no other legitimate reason for processing exists;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data when processing is based on legitimate interest and direct marketing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We collect information from those who:
- Submit our online enquiry forms
- Email us on any of the company email addresses stated on our website
- Submit CVs and job applications
The Legal Basis for holding your information
Consent: You have given your consent by submitting your data.
What we do with your Information
We collect this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for:
- Providing information about products and services
- Providing and personalising our services
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared outside of Chevron Traffic Management Limited, or successors in title to our business, unless required by law.
Storage and Security
Chevron complies with obligations under GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
Personal Data Retention Schedule
In order to minimise risk from a data breach, we regularly delete data stored on our website that is no longer required to process enquiries, applications or orders, and data will be retained on our website for no more than one month.
Links to Other Websites
A “cookie” is a small text file that’s stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively, you can search the internet for other independent information on cookies.