Manchester Smart Motorways (M60)
Administrated from: Head Office (head office)
Duration: July 2014 to present
Short description: M60 Manchester Smart Motorways
Scope of Works: Covering both carriageways between the M60 J8 and the M62 J20, Chevron is responsible for the traffic management over 5 sections running concurrently, and covering 29km end to end. With responsibility for temporary white lining (narrow lanes) plus multiple overnight lane, slip road and carriageway closures, requiring up to 12no crews per night and including installation of AirLock system and gatemen.
- Coordination with other specialists, our supply chain, the term maintenance provider, police etc.
- Management of multiple closure crews
- Managing multiple works accesses and egresses
- Assistance with road space booking and liaison with Regional Control Centre
- Dedicated Supervisors based at project offices
- Active participation in the Site’s safety initiatives and Lean projects
- Provision of TM drawings
- Zero carriageway crossings
- 5300 overnight closure crews supplied to date, excluding those for the main narrow lanes installations
- Collaborative working including all commercial issues – 100% agreement of applications to date
- Excellent feedback from MSM JV and TM Manager including average 8.1 MST score to date
“As you are aware, all eyes were on us during this first major install. The Comms team have been out producing videos, some of our senior management have been out on site and all our stakeholders have been keeping a close eye on our progress, and to date we have had nothing but positive feedback about how the operation has been carried out. It’s also nice to hear reports about the positive attitudes displayed by the people on site when they have been approached. It’s clear to see that everyone on site had the same goals, to work safely and provide a high standard of workmanship.”
Neil Sears, TM Manager
Feedback from our MST performance assessments:
"Records are provided as and when requested and all audit findings shared and communicated’. ’Forecasts are submitted as requested’. ‘P & L returns and monthly applications are submitted for review prior to application date. Follow up meetings to review and agree applications are always attended by Chevron’. ‘Commercial assistance provided during planning of phase changes. All CEs provided on time with ample notification. Assistance with TM forecast provided upon request’. ‘P & L returns and monthly applications are submitted for review prior to application date. Follow up meetings to review and agree applications are always attended by Chevron. Open and honest relationship ensures commercial conversations can be held as and when required, instead of awaiting specific commercial meetings. This generates a lot of trust and makes commercial discussions easy. ’ ‘Recent support from senior managers (operational and commercial) to assist in MSM safety stop was commendable and showed true collaboration, understanding the importance of the initiative and its commercial impact"