Area 3 Asset Support Contract
Motorway Maintenace Compound
Administrated from: Thatcham
Value: £7,000,000.00 (per year)
Duration: November 2013 to present
Short description: The Area 3 TM Team designs, plans, programmes and delivers temporary traffic management in Highways England Area 3.
Scope of Works: The traffic management contract requirements ranges from temporary traffic lights and lane closures to complex full TM shutdowns, full narrow lanes and contraflow systems.
- Coordination with multiple delivery teams; Chevron have co-located staff in Kier offices to create the TM Delivery & Programming team.
- Co-ordination with TM Supply chain such as temporary road marking and Varioguard providers as well as all members of the Kier Highways wider Supply Chain.
- Liaison with RCC, NCC and other bodies such as RoWSaf.
- A member of the BS11000 community, originally created during the earlier MAC with Chevron, Kier (then EM Highways), Carnells and Aggregate Industries’s being the first in our sector to gain the accreditation. Chevron then when on to being the first TM company to achieve BS11000 in (2015) and the ISO44001 (2017) in our own right
- Chevron provnide dedicated TM programmers to manage the whole of the networks TM requirements, managing out possible clashes and maximizing the use of closures
- Provision of ECI expertise and TM drawings to ensure the correct TM solution is found
- Daily liaison with the delivery teams to ensure any changes are picked up with quickly and communicated around the wider team
- First ASC to deliver with zero carriageway crossings including hitting 2,000,000 saved.
- Trial and roll out of new Area 3 Airlock Gated System
- Delivered in excess of £20 million worth of schemes per month
- Chevron produced the new Area 3 Network Wall which has successfully encouraged interaction between the Delivery and the design teams.
- Unique set-up which ensures ideas and innovations are encouraged and shared.
- TM Steering Group which is a very useful tool where you can exchange information, ideas and discuss openly and resolve any issues across the network.
- End to end welfare provided by the TM crews and supplied for all closures.
- Designed the Pavement Working Window Tracker – Ongoing collaborative process between Kier/AI/Chevron to establish a simple ready-reckoner to work out likely laying outputs and traffic management on times based on schemes locations and start times on the network which has improved outputs and on times.
- Average 2500 man hours are saved each month by smart planning.
- The operating TM operating model went on to successfully implementation in Highways England’s Area 9 ASC