M25 Widening Junction 25-30
Scope of Works:
Widening of the existing dual 3 lane motorway to dual 4 lane between the Junction with the M11 and the Dartford Crossing; a total length of 30 km. The contract is split into 3 distinct phases incorporating narrow lane running and a 4 over 2 contraflows. The scheme is being undertaken on one of the busiest sections of motorway in the UK which is bisected by multiple arterial routes in and out of the city of London.
Requirements consist of:
- Liaison and coordination with multiple section teams, TASCAR and CCTV providers
- Co-ordination with permanent road marking and Varioguard providers (both engaged directly by the JV) to ensure that TM installs, phase changes and removals run smoothly.
- Comprehensive handover between day and night shifts
- Liaison with police, other emergency services, the Dartford toll plaza and vehicle recovery provider following RTCs within the extent of the works.
- Simultaneous installation and co-joining of closures to create 8km long continuous off peak night time lane closures
- Attendance of our Supervisor at weekly programme and progress meetings
- Active participation in supporting the JV’s ‘Target Zero’ and ‘Injury Free Environment’ safety initiatives
Performance highlights include:
- Zero RIDDORS in over 300,000 man hours worked
- 410,000 carriageway crossings saved in line with HA ‘Aiming for Zero’ through the use of smart blind signs, 12C closures, and direct 1, 2 closures
- Zero HAIL complaints received over the standards of traffic management installed
- Received a Supply Chain ‘excellence award’ for our performance to date in providing a flexible service to meet the main contractors demanding programme requirements
- We carried out in excess of 4,300 night time closures which allowed the works to progress at pace
- Supply chain ‘Excellence Award’ for flexibility of service provision (resources ranging from 8 to 42 men per shift with less than 48hrs notice)
- We generated a 9 and 4 night programme saving across two major TM switches
- We provided extensive TM drawings at short notice to accommodate fast-track changes to the works scope
- Prompt submission and valuation of all compensation events (including full breakdowns in terms of Labour, Plant and Materials)
- Supporting Balfour Beatty in managing third party Claims
- Proposed and implemented the use of Smart Blind Signs to minimise Carriageway Crossings
- Zero late offs due to traffic management issues