Traffic Management Services
Involvement, relationships and excellence are at the heart of what we do. We therefore seek to participate collaboratively at the early design and planning stages and take a long-term approach to our work in order to build a long-term relationship with our clients. Finally, but most importantly, we place huge emphasis on performance. The ability to deliver, meet and exceed expectations.
What type and size of works do we undertake?
We specialise in the provision of temporary traffic management in accordance with the nationally recognised Highways Sector Schemes 12A, 12B, 12C and 12D. We undertake any level of contract, operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- Sector scheme 12A - Static temporary traffic management on motorways and high-speed dual carriageways for schemes incorporating contraflow operations and/ or temporary road markings.
- Sector scheme 12B - Static temporary traffic management on motorways and high-speed dual carriageways where temporary road markings are not required.
- Sector scheme 12C - Mobile lane closure traffic management on motorways and other dual carriageways.
- Sector scheme 12D - For installing, maintaining and removing temporary traffic management on rural and urban roads.
Traffic management systems
- Narrow lane systems
- Tidal flows
- Road closure and diversions
- Static and mobile off-peak lane closures
- Convoy systems
CAD design and project planning services
Our works are fully supported by our in-house design team, producing Traffic Management Drawings, Surveys & Designs and Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) applications. This key process reduces the risk of error and miscalculation, thereby increasing cost-efficiency and safety on every job we do.
Communication is vital to the successful completion of every TM project. From the moment you engage Chevron, we will allocate your own delivery manager – your point of contact throughout the lifetime of a project and someone who has your best interests at heart. They will ensure that at every stage of your TM requirement is performed professionally and to the required deadlines, and they are always available to answer any questions you may have.
TM Awareness Courses
Chevron are one of the only companies in the UK to offer traffic management courses for our clients. These are delivered by training experts, and are designed to make everyone involved in the project aware of requirements at every stage of the project.
The course itself is constantly evolving and updated in line with the changing needs and innovations of our industry and can be tailored to suit any specific audience.
Temporary traffic signals
- Stop/ go traffic control
- Two Way traffic light systems
- Three and four way traffic multi-light systems
Event traffic management
- Planning and consultation with local authorities & police
- Variable Message Signs (VMS)
- Traffic signals & management
- Car park marshalling
- Event traffic signage
Associated Project Management Services
- Temporary and permanent road markings
- TSCO - Traffic Safety and Control Officers
- Temporary CCTV monitoring systems
- TASCAR - Temporary Automatic Speed Cameras at Road works
- Temporary vehicle restraint systems- e.g. Varioguard
- Portable Variable Message Signs (VMS) and Vehicle Activated Signs (VAS)
- Smart blind and Rotating Prism Signage
- Vehicle Recovery
- Temporary site compounds
- Permanent sign erection
- In-house traffic sign manufacture